Security Issue!  Mac OSX 10.8 user on Windows Network
We recently set up a Mac OSX 10.8.2 user on our Windows Server network at our business and have noticed that he has access to all of the server folders on the network no matter the permissions set. How are we able to set the same permissions to the Mac user that the PC users live by? We restrict many of the server folders to certain users. Help is greatly appreciated as we have been unable to figure a solution.
March 8th, 2013 9:46am

We recently set up a Mac OSX 10.8.2 user on our windows network at our business and have noticed that he has access to all of the server folders on the network no matter the permissions set. How are we able to set the same permissions to the Mac user that the PC users live by? We restrict many of the server folders to certain users. Help is greatly appreciated as we have been unable to figure a solution.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 8th, 2013 5:26pm

I'd start by checking your default access rights (specifically those for non domain users, and those for everyone). Can you try connecting to the server with a non domain connected windows laptop and checking if you have the same issue. Not sure if this will help or not, but I've seen this behaviour with NFS in the past, but not with SMB.
March 8th, 2013 6:51pm

I'd start by checking your default access rights (specifically those for non domain users, and those for everyone). Can you try connecting to the server with a non domain connected windows laptop and checking if you have the same issue. Not sure if this will help or not, but I've seen this behaviour with NFS in the past, but not with SMB.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 9th, 2013 2:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics